People often lump Botox and Dysport into the same category as Restylane, Juvederm, Radiesse and other dermal fillers, considering all of these non-surgical wrinkle-reducing treatments to be dermal fillers and frequently confusing their use.
When Angelina Jolie’s full, pouty lips were all the rage, people who wanted to emulate the actress’ sensuous look visited their Cleveland cosmetic surgeons asking for Botox treatments. Had their cosmetic surgeon taken them at their word, those patients would have been incredibly disappointed. Botox actually works to flatten and smooth wrinkles in the skin. Cosmetic surgeons use dermal fillers or volumizers such as Restylane and Radiesse to plump and add volume to the skin.
Botox/Dysport and dermal fillers are all injectable non-surgical cosmetic treatments used to smooth away facial wrinkles and lines, but there are significant differences in the way these different products work.
As we explained in an earlier post, Botox and Dysport are not dermal fillers. These products relax your facial muscles so that your skin cannot scrunch up and form wrinkles. It takes a few days for these products to reach full effectiveness. Some dermal filler treatments, on the other hand, can produce an immediate effect. Dermal fillers including Restylane, Juvederm, Radiesse, and Sculptra are injected under the skin to fill in and plump up deep facial lines and folds.
Even among dermal fillers there are differences in the way different products affect the skin. To learn more about what causes wrinkles and the various injectable non-surgical treatments available to reduce them, download our free Patient Guide to Botox/Dysport & Fillers. We are currently offering $100 off combination treatments of cosmetic injectables. Click the link for complete information!
We use rewards to help us reach our goals all the time. How many times have you promised yourself a special treat when you finish a tough task or rewarded yourself with a shopping trip when you close a big sale?
Knowing a reward will be waiting for us when we complete a difficult task encourages us to keep trying when the going gets tough. You would think that achieving our goal would be reward enough, but psychologists have found that we humans work harder and are more apt to stay on track if we have a tangible reward to look forward to. It’s the old carrot-on-a-stick principle. We might get bored or frustrated during the journey toward our goal, but we won’t quit because we want that carrot!
The trick, of course, is to find the right carrot. Many Cleveland men and women are finding the perfect “carrot” in Cleveland cosmetic surgery. In a previous post, we noted some of the ways people are using Cleveland cosmetic surgery to reward themselves; here are a few more ways cosmetic surgery can encourage you to reach your goals:
1. Reward yourself for reaching your 50th birthday with a combination Botox/Dysport and filler treatment to banish those age-revealing creases and regain a more youthful appearance.
2. New mommies who have worked hard to lose the extra pounds gained during pregnancy will want to reward themselves with a Mommy Makeover. After spending 9 months with extra weight, it’s devastating to discover that sometimes no amount of dieting and exercise will ever return your body to its svelte pre-pregnancy figure. Your once-flat stomach muscles are weaker; and your once-perky breasts seem to have disappeared while you were nursing. You’re thrilled to be a mom but feel depressed every time you look at your post-baby body. A Mommy Makeover is a perfect reward. It will improve your body contours and make you feel beautiful and sexy again!
If you are dreading the inevitable photo ops that seem to accompany every holiday event, maybe it’s time you considered a non-surgical wrinkle treatment. If you answer “yes” to any of the following questions, injectable wrinkle treatments could change how you feel when you look in the mirror.
- Do you look in the mirror and wonder, “When did I start to look so old?
- When you furrow your brow or frown or smile are the lines still there when you relax your face?
- When you cleanse away the creams and serums that you have so religiously massaged into your skin each night for decades are the lines and wrinkles still there?
- Do people always think you’re angry?
- Have you ever thought, “I’m starting to look like my mother!”
- When the cameras come out at family events do you find an excuse to disappear into the kitchen?
If you answered “yes” to even one of these questions, you may be a good candidate for non-surgical wrinkle treatment with injectables. Botox, Dysport and cosmetic skin fillers can smooth away the wrinkles, plump up the deep furrows and remove the fine lines that begin to appear as we grow older. A combination of the natural aging process, prior sun exposure, environmental elements and gravity take a gradual toll on the skin as we age. Eventually, our skin starts to lose its ability to rejuvenate itself and fight back. Fine lines form and deepen into furrows. Skin begins to sag and wrinkle. The process is inevitable, but not unstoppable.
Botox, Dysport and cosmetic fillers can reverse the damage without surgery. To find out more, click here to download our free Patient Guide to Botox/Dysport & Fillers.