How to Enjoy New Year’s Eve while Maintaining Your New Body Shape
Each New Year, we wipe the slate clean and resolve to go to the gym more often and stick to a healthy diet. Fortunately, New Year’s resolutions come at the end of the indulgent holiday season. After a month of overeating, we’re ready to serious about health and fitness. But we must first clear two final hurdles: the alcohol and hors d’oeuvre-intensive New Year’s Eve party and the ode-to-football snackfest on New Year’s Day.
To get through New Year’s with your resolutions intact, follow these tips:
- When you arrive at a party, don’t make a beeline for the buffet table. Focus on the people instead of the food. Take time to visit. Good conversation will help keep your mind off those tempting hors d’oeuvres.
- Give yourself permission to splurge a little but vow to return to your regular diet the next day. But remember, one splurge is not an excuse to fall of the wagon.
- To make sure there are healthy snack options, offer to bring some snacks to the party or host the party yourself.
- Don’t party on an empty stomach. Before you leave home, take the edge off your hunger by drinking a large glass of water and eating a small protein-rich or high-fiber snack such as low-fat yogurt or a small salad.
- Make healthy food choices at the party. Shrimp, smoked salmon, fruit kebabs, veggie platters (take it easy on the dip) and raw nuts are healthy choices.
- Savor every bite. You’ll eat less if you eat slowly.
- Cut alcohol calories by alternating alcoholic drinks with sparkling water or non-alcoholic beverages.
Debut a new look in the New Year
Cleveland cosmetic surgery can give you the youthful appearance and well-sculpted body you crave. Visit our website to find out how cosmetic surgery can improve your appearance.